The Abusive Behavioural Change (ABC) Project is a six-month programme for men or women who recognise that they are abusive to a partner or ex-partner and wish to change their behaviour. This programme is available to those in both opposite-sex and same-sex relationships.
ABC Project is a Respect Accredited SMP (Safe Minimum Practice) voluntary perpetrator programme that covers the county of Derbyshire It is for:
- Men who use intimate partner violence (IPV), with their female (ex) partners – Group sessions (28 weeks)
- Women who use intimate partner violence with their male (ex) partners – 1:1 sessions (24 weeks)
- Perpetrators of IPV in same sex relationships – 1:1 Sessions. (24 weeks)
The aim of our work is to:
- Increase the safety women and children.
- Manage and assess risk
- Hold perpetrators accountable for their abuse and help them gain an insight into the patterns of control, to build alternatives and avoid recidivism.
- Address the abusive and controlling behaviours by using control logs, completing course work, challenging their thoughts and belief systems and taking part in role plays.
You can self-refer or a professional from another agency can refer on your behalf.
If you would like further information, then please call Di Conneely, Project Coordinator on 07771 379278/01245 540464 or email: Diane.Conneely@theelmfoundation.org.uk.
Please see below an agency referral form, self referral form and an ABC information sheet.
ABC Agency Referral Form
ABC Group Programme Structure Sept 17
ABC information sheet
ABC Self Referral Form (2)