Community Support

Community Support

The Elm Foundation provides community outreach support to women and men who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse.

The Community Team covers the Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire and South Bolsover areas and enables service users to access consistent support provision in the area they live in.  This service is free and confidential and is led by the service user.

Community workers support service users through 1:1 sessions, group sessions or via telephone. The support can be short term or long term. We offer support in order to empower women and men to live an independent, positive life which is free from abuse. We can meet service users in their own home if it is safe to do so, or if necessary, at a nearby place which is safe and appropriate.

The Community Team offers a non-judgemental, supportive approach to enable individuals experiencing domestic abuse to discuss their available options. The Community Team provides the following support:

  • Confidence and self-esteem building
  • Support to move to a safe place (refuge or another property)
  • Support to remain safely in their own home
  • Safety planning
  • Housing advice
  • Finance/debt advice
  • Supporting service users to gain legal representation and court orders
  • Support around mental health
  • Support around substance misuse
  • Providing emotional support
  • Liaising with other specialist services
  • Reducing isolation
  • Providing support for women and men with issues relating to children or parenting
  • Anything else related to domestic abuse which a woman or man requires support for

We also hold a number of drop-in sessions and service user groups across Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire and South Bolsover, which provide additional support and enable individuals to meet new people and build on their confidence and self-esteem.

For more information or to refer yourselves or a client to our community team, please call 01246 540464 (agencies) / 01246 540444 (members of the public). Alternatively, you can email